Friday, August 07, 2009

Selections from Shakespeare

False face must hide what the false heart must know. Macbeth.

If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well
It were done quickly. Macbeth conemplating murdeing King Duncan.

Then comes my fit again: I had else been perfect,
Whole as the marble, founded as the rock,
As broad and general as the casing air:
But now I am cabin'd, cribb'd, confined, bound in
To saucy doubts and fears. Macbeth.

When Lady Macduff was told to flee for her life -
Wither should I fly ?
I have done no harm. But I remember now
I am in this eathly world, where to do harm
is often laudable, to good sometime
Accounted dangerous folly: why then, alas,
Do I put up that womanly defense
To say I have done no harm? Lady Macbeth.

Here's the smell of the blood still: All the perfumes of Arabia
Will not sweeten this little hand . Oh..Oh..
Fear not, Macbeth, no man that's born of woman
Shall e'er have power over thee. Macbeth.

Canst thou not minister toa mind deseased
Pluck from the memory a rooted sorrow
Raze out the written troubles of the brain
And with some sweet oblivious antidote
Cleanse the stuff'd bosom of that perilous stuff
Which weighs upon the heart? Macbeth.

Doctor: Therein the patient
Must minister to himself. Macbet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home