Monday, August 08, 2011

TIGER AGAIN

Ex-Caddie Slams Tiger Woods
Tiger Woods may want to hire back his former caddie, Steve Williams, whom he fired earlier this year: Williams’ new employer, British golfer Adam Scott, won the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational over the weekend. Afterward, Williams did not have kind words for Woods, with whom he worked for 12 years. “This is my 167th win and easily the sweetest of my life,” he said. “I was absolutely shocked that I got the boot, to be honest with you. I've caddied for the guy for 12 years, I've been incredibly loyal to the guy, and I got short-shrifted. I was told on the phone that we need to take a break, and in caddie lingo, that means you're fired, simple as that.” If it makes Williams feel any better, Tag Heuer became the sixth company to end its sponsorship of Woods over the weekend, following in the trail of companies like Gatorade and Gillette.


Read it at The Telegraph
August 8, 2011 7:08 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home