Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Smile Awhile

A minister was called out late one night to visit a man who was very ill. After doing what he could for the man, who was at death's door, he asked the family why he was summoned. "I don't think I know you," said the minister. "Haven't you a minister of your own faith?"

"Yes," was the reply, "but we couldn't risk him with typhoid fever."

*
At Sunday school a little boy was deeply impressed by the story of Eve's creation from one of Adam's ribs. Later in the day, after running too hard, he felt a pain in his side.

"Oh," he gasped, "I think I'm going to have a wife."

*
"Open wide," demanded the dentist as he began his examination.
"You've got the biggest cavity I've ever seen."

"You don't have to repeat it," snapped the patient.

"I didn't," answered the dentist. "You heard the echo"

*
A man noticed a pretty young college girl wearing a chain around her neck from which dangled conspicuously a Phil Beta Kappa key. Curious, because she seemed so young he inquired if the key was hers.

She smiled quickly and with a wink answered, "Oh yes. I always wear it when I travel alone. You'd be surprised how it keeps the wolves away."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home