Sunday, February 14, 2010

Quintessential Quote For Today

From Shakespeare's Othello:

Desdemona had to choose between father ( Brabantino ) and husband to be the dark skinned Moor, Othello.

Barabantino:
Come hither, gentle mistress:
Where most you owe obedience?

Desdemona:
My noble father,
I do perceive here a divided duty:
To you I am bound for life and education;
My life and education both to learn me
How to respect you; you are the lord of duty,
I am hitherto your daughter: but here's my husband,
And so mucch duty as my mother show'd
To you, preferring you before her father,
So much I challenge that I may profess
Due to the Moor my lord.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spindoc2 said...

Ah, very aptly put. She allowed him to see how his wife viewed him!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home