Sunday, January 24, 2010

HE WHO LAUGHS LASTS. SO PLEASE :-))))

A rich man complained to his pastor, "why is it everybody is always criticizing me for being miserly, when they all know that I have made provision to leave everything I possess to charity?

"Well" replied the minister, "Let me tell a story about a pig and a cow. The pig was lamenting to the cow that people were always talking about the cow's gentleness and kind eyes, whereas his name was used as an insult. The pig admitted that the cow gave milk and cream, but maintained that pigs gave more. "Why," the animal complained, "We pigs give bacon and ham and bristles and people even pickle our feet. I don't see why you cows are esteemed so much more."

"The cow thought awhile and said gently: "May be it's because we give while we're still living"
Holy Cow :-)))

*
Conventional tidbit from the Garden of Eden;
"Adam, do you love me?"
"Who else?"

*
The professor had called at nine stores in town for his lost walking stick and had found it in the tenth.
"Thank you so much, indeed," he beamed, as he took possession of it.
"Do you know, this must be one of the few honest places in town? I've asked at nine other places, and in each I was told they didn't have it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home