Friday, July 04, 2008

Alas my friend.

Dear Friend:

A line to say I'm living, I'm not among the dead; though I'm getting more forgetful, and mixed up in the head.

I've got used to my arthritis, to my dentures I'm resigned. I can manage my bifocals, but,oh I miss my mind. For sometime I can't remember when I stand at the foot of the stairs if I must go up for something, or, if I've just come down from there. And before the fridge so often, my poor mind is filled with doubt. Have I just put food away ..or have I come to take some out?

And there are times when in the dark, with my nightcap on my head; I don't know if I'm retiring or just getting out of bed.

So, if it's my turn to write you, there's no need to getting sore. I may think that I have written and don't want to be a bore. So remember I do love you and wish that you were near, but it's nearly mail time, so I must say "goodbye dear."

There I stood at the mailbox with face very red. Instead of mailing you my letter, I had opened it instead.

Author Unknown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home